All derived research and analysis gave us enough confidence to move forward in the process. We began exploring different ideas and possibilities. We wanted to solve the fundamentals of physics interactively.
Understanding the App
- Physik is an interactive learning app that helps students to grasp concepts properly.
- Students can play games on different modules.
- Along with interactive learning, there will be guided videos of a particular concept/module.
- Apart from that, students also get a chance to meet mentors to clear their doubts.
- The core vision of the app is to make learning fun and interactive.
- Mentors around the country will help students plan their schedules, tricks, and methods to prepare for the competitive exam.
Who benefits from it? (target users)
- Science students (11th/12th)
- Students preparing for JEE / NEET
- Students want to get into IIT/NIT
This startup is focused on science students who want to learn interactively. Also, the app will help those who want to appear for JEE/NEET.
How we humans learn things?
The app emphasizes more on learning, so for that, it was important to understand “How we learn things”. I began researching on the internet about the topic. Through this research, I came to so many realizations about learning.
The learning pyramid
- There are two basic methods to learn: passive and the other one is participatory learning (Active learning). By scanning the pyramid we clearly can see that participatory teaching is one of the best learning practices.
- Active Learning includes discussion, practice by doing, and teaching others.
- The pyramid shows that most of the learning happens when we teach others.
21st century’s learning method
In the search of learning ways, I landed upon this method. This method emphasizes on participatory part of the learning pyramid. It has divided phases into three parts. Self-learning, Critical thinking, and Articulation(expression).
When does self-learning happen?
- When one is curious about learning, it gets easier for him/her to navigate through any obstacles. So the motivation affects a lot. Nowadays, we can learn anything on the internet. it’s just a matter of how to implement it.
- Questioning is another impactful way to learn new things. While questioning our whole brain is stimulated and serotonin is released. This release of serotonin causes the brain to relax and makes it most able to find answers and develop solutions.
What is critical thinking?
- Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment. The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence.
- For the science student, this can be one of the impactful skill sets to develop.
How does articulation work?
- Here, articulation can be considered as expression. there can be many types. eg. speaking, writing
- Articulation helps to express our idea and articulating in a better way that makes sense. The process of articulation puts our mind in a situation to express and reflect on our ideology.
Information architecture aims to organize the material so that consumers can quickly adapt to the product’s functioning and discover everything they need. The structure of the content is determined by several things.
The path traveled by a typical user on a website or app to perform a task is referred to as user flow. The user flow guides people through a series of actions that lead to a successful conclusion and final action, such as purchasing a product.
I iterated the app’s wireframes to create layouts that fulfill the important functionality of those pages without detracting from the user experience. I iterated with various potential layouts for the displays as well as screen components in Figma after producing early sketches.
Initially, I experimented with several logo symbols and wordmarks. After considerable research, I decided on one that best matched Physikh’s branding: “It’s fun and quirky”. So, decided to go with a vector that represents a bouncy spring.