Research is the main thing in this project, and my main purpose was to get to know the life of a Tour Guide: How do they operate? What difficulties do they face? Are they doing it out of passion or for earning money? etc…
So I made a Google form consisting of all the possible questions that would have helped me get a good insight into their work and the problems they face.
Now, who will fill the form?
Tour Guide’s, so I googled private tour guides but couldn’t find as many of them are associated with some company, no direct contact reference was given on websites, still, I managed to find 3–4 potential Tour Guides; sent a mail to them asking to fill the form but received No response.
What to do now?
After receiving 0 responses 😔, I decided to approach the problem in another way; Instead of searching for Tour guides I interviewed my friends who travel a lot, asking them a few questions:
- What role does a Tour guide play in their travel?
- What should a traveler expect from a tour guide?
- Are you willing to pay any incentive other than a fixed amount if you are happy with their work?
- Do you consider them as fellow travelers or just a person who is doing his job?
- Do you think a good experience with the tour guide will encourage you to plan more trips with the same company?
- Do you prefer tour guides speaking in your native language or are you comfortable with him speaking in a universal language( English)?
This questionnaire gives me an idea; what tourist thinks of a Tour guide.