The main aim of every business or brand online is to drive sales and boost conversions. And in a quest to increase sales and conversions, many businesses now run PPC campaigns. Even after avoiding PPC mistakes, many marketers do not get the results they seek from their campaigns.
So, what should they do?
When running a PPC campaign, many marketers don’t pay attention to their landing pages. They just input the right metrics for their PPC ads, pay all attention to the ads, and expect to get results without analyzing the landing page. A landing page can either hurt or boost the success of a PPC ad, and this article explains how to optimize your landing page for maximum conversions.
Website Conversion Optimization Tips
- Improve your website speed: The first factor to pay attention to when running a PPC ad is the speed of your landing page. How fast does it load? It is advised to make your website load as quickly as possible, as you don’t want to keep your audience waiting. Several factors affect the load time of a landing page. You might want to get a website developer to review your website speed if it loads slowly.
- Have clear CTAs: What do you want your visitors to do on your website? Do you want to collect their emails? Do you want them to make a purchase? Whatever your goal is, find a way to make use of a clear call-to-action on your landing page. Also, try to make your call-to-actions contextual; contextual CTAs convert more.
- Have clear landing page copy: What’s your landing page copy saying? Does it address what your visitors are looking for? Is it captivating enough? One mistake many marketers make with their landing page copy is they use complex words and phrases. Your audience isn’t bothered about your grammar; they want a solution or information. When writing a copy for your landing page, always bear in mind that a strategic copy sells better than a copy filled with avoidable grammars.
- Add testimonials: People easily trust websites with testimonies of other clients. When your audience visits your website for the first time, they have their guard on, and the testimonies of other customers can make them feel relaxed about your website. So, include testimonials.
- Offer a money-back guarantee: If you are looking to increase sales from your website, a money-back guarantee badge can do a lot of magic. A money-back guarantee badge on a website gives the website visitors a good perception of your business.
- Include a countdown timer: The fear of missing out (FOMO) is real marketing psychology, and marketers need to take advantage of it when looking to get results. Having a countdown timer on your website brings this fear to life in your website visitors. It ignites a sense of urgency that can trigger your website visitors to make decisions quickly.
- Add an identity to your landing page: Many businesses fail to add an identity to their landing page. People want to know that they are patronizing human beings they can reach out to. By adding the images of real people, it could be images of the business director(s) or contacting details of your business, you make your website visitors trust you.
By doing all of these, you increase your chances of getting results from your PPC campaigns. Always remember that your campaign doesn’t stop on the PPC platform. It goes down to your landing page that plays a vital role in deciding the results you get.